Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Junk in Our Trunks

This weekend, my mother and I met my 2 daughters and their babes for a girl's weekend and our first visit to Junk Bonanza in Shakopee, MN.  Pictured at left is a key chain I gave each of my daughters before heading to the sale on Saturday.  No more
digging in my purse for that elusive tape measure.

 Below is a hand painted board displayed at the entrance to the sale.





The moment we stepped inside, we could see all the treasures still available, and this was the third and final day of the sale!!!  I wonder what was offered on the first two days?!

With two babies in tow, we raced (in my opinion) through the sale rather quickly.  We even met up with my sister, niece and grand-niece.  Since they were leaving, they carried home one of my purchases so I didn't have to lug it around the few hours we were at the sale.  Whew!

Here's what I found:

Enamelware bowl to replace the plastic sink in the play kitchen I'm restoring.
















This sweet embroidered piece was the first item to catch my eye.  I haven't decided if I'll frame it or use it to embellish a pillow.




Pair of vases for $16.00.


Nicely crazed surface.



I don't think I need to explain why I bought this particular feed sack.



I'm thinking of making a pillow or two for the man cave.
 The green and red are the perfect colors. 


Last, but not least, I've been looking for a cabinet to hang on a bare wall above the bathtub.  Although this one is missing the beveled mirror, it's very sturdy and reasonably priced, I think.


Charming hardware.

Maybe a little work will be required to remove the key pegs.....


and fill the holes and cover up the red paint.


Scene from Halloween XIIII?
Nope.  This is the view through the red spray painted glass.


So, what do you think?  Was it worth the price I paid?


Of course, we had to take advantage of the photo opportunity.
Daughter Julie on the left, Megan on the right, and me in the middle.


Game plan for next year:
  • Leave children at home to spend quality time with Daddy.
  • Bring plenty of cash.
  • Have cell phones in our my purse.
  • Get there early.
  • Empty trunk before the sale!!!!

Linked to:



8 comments:

  1. You got some great stuff! I'd love to go to the bonanza someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to get to that sale. You got some great stuff. I wonder why someone would of spray painted the glass on your sweet little cabinet and you are right about making sure you empty the trunk before you go.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect game plan for next time, Vickie. You HAVE to have your hands - and attention - FREE to do any serious junkin'! ;)

    Thanks for joining Time Travel Thursday last week. Hope to see you again this week. Be sure to come by, and see yourself featured.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool finds My sister would love to find your feed bags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! the key chains with tape measure's a great idea - I'd add a ring with paint chips and fabric samples and be all set for the hunt! Love your finds - the cabinet is a terrific find! Enjoyed my visit.
    Hope you have a great day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous finds--I'm loving the feed sack! :) And I would definitely have picked up the wonderful cabinet. You'll have to post pics after you have it all cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky girl! Time with your mom and daughters AND Junk Bonanza!! I think you found some great stuff...the feed sack was made just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun. Great finds. That RANGER feed sack !!!
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...